Navigation:

FORUMS > SentryFile Version 5 Topics > SF5 - API Integration / Programming Assistance < refresh >
Topic Title: SF5_WorkFlowTrigger
Created On Tue March 25, 2014 8:07 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

bmccrillis

Tue March 25, 2014 8:07 AM

I have a workflow with the following trigger details

Action: Document added to cabinet
Conditions: 2 of the 8 index fields are used to define criteria to start workflow

Workflow initiates properly. However, if any of the other 6 index fields (note: none of these 6 fields are used as criteria for any workflow trigger) are modified, the current workflowdocument stops and a new workflow starts.

Is there any way to keep a new workflow from starting in this scenario?

Bruce

Bottom

SupportRep

Tue March 25, 2014 10:36 AM

Hi,

Hmm... Sounds odd... If no other triggers are specified for the cabinet, then I don't think it should start another workflow. Weird.

Any chance you could set up a quick "repro" (sample configuration that demonstrates how to reproduce the problem) in our demo site? I've set up some credentials for you here:

http://www.mysentryfile.com/demo/
username: bruce
password: bruce

Please let us know when it's ready, and we'll play around with it.

Thank you,

-------------------------
-SentryFile Support

Bottom

bmccrillis

Tue March 25, 2014 5:23 PM

Job Folder created

workflow named: Rev Change

I need to add document to Job Folder in order to initiate workflow, however, apparently don't have permission to do so.

Bruce

Bottom

SupportRep

Tue March 25, 2014 6:34 PM

Hi Bruce,

Just signed into your account on the demo system. You should be able to click "Add Documents" -> "Inbox" then you can use the "bulk upload" tool to add some documents to the inbox and file them away into the "Job Folder" cabinet that you created.

BTW: What is the name of the workflow you created?

Thanks,

-SentryFile Support

Bottom

bmccrillis

Wed March 26, 2014 7:21 AM

workflow name is "Rev Change"

Bottom

bmccrillis

Wed March 26, 2014 8:57 AM

I was unable to replicate the issue in your demo database. However, I can in ours. I'm attaching screen shots that hopefully will help you evaluate the situation.

thanks for your help.
Bruce

Screen shots of work flow trigger for this test.docx Screen shots of work flow trigger for this test.docx  (5759 KB)

Bottom

Support

Wed March 26, 2014 9:38 AM

Hmmmm.... Do you know if you applied any hotfixes to SentryFile 5.20? If not try applying the hotfix below.....

NOTE: the 0520ZJ hotfix requires .NET Framework v4.0.30319 (NET 4.5) (Server 2008 or higher).

Manually download the hotfix http://www.sentryfile.com/download/0520zj_update.zip

To install (from the SentryFile server):

1. Stop the WWW services (Click on the Start button and choose Run. Type "services.msc" (no quotes). Find World Wide Web Publishing and click Stop
2. Make and verify a complete backup of your system (always a good idea!)
3. Be sure that you're running SentryFile 5.20 or later before applying the update.
4. Save the 0520zj_update.zip files to the desktop of your server.
5. Right-Click the file and choose "Extract All". A wizard will appear.
6. Extract the 0520zj_update.zip files to your SentryFile application folder (typically c:\SentryFile ). (This steps is very important. You must extract the files directly to the SentryFile application folder and not the c:\sentryfile\sentryfile folder. Do NOT extract to a temporary folder and manually copy the files!)
7. You may be prompted to overwrite existing files. Choose "Yes to All". If prompted for a password, just click "Skip File".
8. Start the WWW services you stopped in Step 1.
9. Open IIS (Start -> Run -> inetmgr) and expand "Application Pools"
10. Locate the Application Pool serving the SentryFile Application (normally called SentryFileAppPool) double click it and change the "Managed Pipeline Mode" to "Integrated" and the ".NET Framework Version" to ".Net Framework V4.0..." Hit Ok.
11. Sign into SentryFile as normal and test!

Let us know if you run into any problems!

SentryFile Support Team

Bottom

bmccrillis

Wed March 26, 2014 10:24 AM

I'll get back to you after applying hotfix. thanks

Bottom

bmccrillis

Thu March 27, 2014 7:27 AM

the hotfix seems to have fix this issue. Thanks for your help.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > SentryFile Version 5 Topics > SF5 - API Integration / Programming Assistance < refresh >

Navigation:

FuseTalk 4.0 © 1999-2003 FuseTalk Inc.