Navigation:

FORUMS > SentryFile Version 5 Topics > SF5 - API Integration / Programming Assistance < refresh >
Topic Title: Thumbnail Creation
Created On Fri August 24, 2012 1:48 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

slundeen

Fri August 24, 2012 1:48 PM
User is offline View users profile

Is there any functionality within the API's or DLL's to create a thumbnail from a PDF? I have a font-end application that adds documents to Sentryfile, but I'd like to display a thumbnail of the document before addding it. I saw the thumbnailcreator.dll and ghostscript, but I'm not sure which, if either, would do the job.

Thanks

Bottom

Support

Fri August 24, 2012 2:02 PM

Revision_RetrieveCurrentThumbnail should return the thumbnail of the document you're wanting.

-------------------------

SentryFile Support Team

Bottom

slundeen

Fri August 24, 2012 2:23 PM
User is offline View users profile

I did look at that function, but I would like to generate / display the thumbnail before the document is added to SentryFile. Revision_RetrieveCurrentThumbnail requires the document to already be added.

Bottom

Support

Fri August 24, 2012 6:33 PM

We're afraid that the thumbnail generator requires that the document be in a cabinet with a document_id before one can be generated. The thumbnail method cannot be accessed without it being a SentryFile document first.

-------------------------

SentryFile Support Team

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > SentryFile Version 5 Topics > SF5 - API Integration / Programming Assistance < refresh >

Navigation:

FuseTalk 4.0 © 1999-2003 FuseTalk Inc.